Monday, May 3, 2010

The Layoff

First, I should say that I saw this one coming. In fact, the night before it happened I told Tanya that I thought it might happen the next day. She says that I value being right over most everything else. I do not completely agree with her, it is just one of the things that I do well.

When you are expecting something and prepared for it, it is easy to take the news well. I showed no emotion and even joked with (now) former colleagues on the way out. My regret is that, in some ways, I may have shown them more warmth on the way out than I had when I worked with them.

The how really didn't matter, Tanya and I were ready to begin the next chapter in our lives. We are still not certain where that will lead but are considering many options including, starting my own business, looking for a new job, and returning to school. More on all of those to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment